Buzz Button

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Vista Bay Rehab Success Story

I wanted to die. I had completely given up. I was progressively losing hope to the point that death didn’t scare me. I lost my job, my house, my relationship, my family, my dignity and my spirit.

I got into a motorcycle accident. The first time I was injected with morphine, I knew it was going to become a problem. I went home with my prescription of oxycontin. I hid this from my family because of my history with opiate abuse. My close friends and family eventually noticed that I was “off” so I tried to quit “cold-turkey.” I got really sick which was even more noticeable so I tried to taper off from the medication and somehow quit without my loved ones noticing that I was on the medication in the first place. When I was finally caught, I went on a big run, getting back into everything including meth, alcohol and marijuana. I was keeping a lot of my life secret from other people, which led to guilt, shame and more chaos. After 3 months, I overdosed in my car while driving, which led to permanent blindness in my left eye. My family did an intervention with me where they made certain that I though I could change and that I wanted to change. Then they sent me to Narconon Vista Bay Rehab.

Since coming to Vista Bay, I have become really excited to live my life. I know I can remain happy now and be successful. I was out of control with myself and everything in my life. Now I feel very in control of myself and my future. I am genuinely joyful. For a long time now I haven’t spent a minute feeling sorry for myself or depressed. My thinking is on track and clear. My strength and will to life are back. I care about other people and I am not selfish all the time. I feel energized and full of life. I can achieve anything I want by confronting my dreams and going for it!

Chad N.
_____________

Vista Bay Rehab is an in-patient; long-term drug and alcohol treatment facility that has been helping people recover for nearly two decades. To find out more about the Narconon Vista Bay program, call 800-556-8885.

No comments:

Post a Comment